Wednesday, May 24, 2006



Taken in Sedona Arizona


Today is the first day of the rest of my life. Or so I am counting on anyway. I have discovered a love of photography. Actually I discovered it a few years ago, but circumstances being what they were at the time - it was not feasable to pursue any new directions, and photography would have been a completely different direction to which I was used to. It would have meant putting aside the things I thought I SHOULD do in favour of something I would LOVE to do. When working on a difficult marriage, trying to pay the bills, raise children and take care of an elderly mother - well you just don't do that; woman don't do that. Men do.

So I have spent the last 3-4 months soul searching and photography is something I REALLY want to pursue.

So today I took the plunge. I ordered a camera and I am scared, exhillerated, excited and giddy all at once.

After many many days of research (many hours during those days devoted to it) I have decided on my first little camera.
A Nikon D50 Digital SLR Camera w/Nikon 18-55mm DX Lens
Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 1:2 Macro Lens
Transcend 1GB 80x SecureDigital (SD) Card
Spare EN-EL3 Battery for Nikon
Nikon SLR System Case - Gadget Bag

My little puppy will be here sometime the beginning of next week and then, as the saying goes, look out world!!

This blog will be my travels on this road, I hope that if anyone reads any of this they will enjoy the road along with me, and remember to smile!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home