Friday, June 02, 2006

Disapating contrail taken at sunset...

I finally got my log in and "how to" for the class I begin next week. I am very anxious to start and also feel a bit out of my league. There is a list at the campus site of the people in the class with me, some are in the US, many are from around the world and nearly all have links to their online galleries.

Ugh, I have NO idea why some of these people are taking this course. The seemed to have mastered the art of colour in photography already and I will be sadly outclassed.

The instructor will be giving us assignments each week and we must submit them for critique and he will feature some of the good ones. I better get my learning head on as I am sure there will be LOTS of critique of mine ;(

I hate being a newbie, at anything, but with something so near and dear to my heart as colour, art, photography, well I have a feeling I am going to get my feelings trampled on a bit for the next four weeks.

Oh well we all have to start somewhere right? I just have to get in the mindset that all critique is good and useful and what I need to better myself.

So I am going to spend the weekend cleaning up my computer files ( have tons of pictures in them that are slowing the processor down) fidling with the camera a bit more, fidling with the tripod ( which Mike fixed for me yesterday - bless him) since I will need it for a couple of the assignements, and just generally getting into student mode.

Wish me luck ( I think I am gonna need lots)

OH! I had a great inspiration come to me last night while I was tossing and turning, have a great idea for a 3 shot sequence involving Ariceli as my model. I need to get the Adobe Photoshop software that I ordered before I can actually do it, but I think it will be amazing.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home