Friday, June 23, 2006

I was in a reflective sort of mood last night so started playing around with lights, glass, water etc.

I came up with this and was pretty happy about it. Notice the flare effects off some of the lights. I acheived that by setting my apperture to a smaller size (f/29 was this photos setting) I have a few more that I took that need retouching then I will post them on the website.

The weather here is looking a bit threatening. I doubt if we will get any rain etc, but we are coming up on our monsoon season and right now is the dry thunderstorm season. I have been reading up on lightning and ways to photography it. I am going to try my hand at it when I have the opportunity.

I will be returning to work next month. It has been a nice long extended vacation for me. With the death of my husband two years ago I took a very long leave of absence. Now I feel strong enough and in the mental frame of mind to actually attempt going back. I will be doing a job I did several years ago, though it is not what I thought I wanted to do anymore, it has me excited. I will be working with a young man who was a student of mine several years ago. He has been a music teacher at one of the junior highs here for a couple of years and has just taken a job as band director at a local high school here. He has asked me to be his assistant director and colour guard instructor. I thought long and hard about it, and in the end loyalty won out. He is starting behind the eight ball a bit, as the last director ran the program into the ground . So I welcome the opportunity to help him build it back up. It will also give me the chance to do some photography concerning the band and colour guard.

So there you go. It should prove to be a fun, busy end of summer and fall for me.

I am happy.

1 Comments:

At 12:35 PM , Blogger artquest1 said...

Hi Again,
I periodically come back to your site to see what your "up to", and I'm still admiring your eye. Your glass in front of the lights couldn't help but remind me up the backlighting discussion we had - it's a neat effect, no?

I've finally gotten my site started, ArtQuest1.blogspot.com/ stop by a visit. First few posts are about art in general, and I'll probably do some on photography later on. Let me know what your reaction to my my ideas is.
Bob

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home