Wednesday, June 07, 2006



Whooo You???

Caught this little guy on a little road trip that Mike and I took yesterday. I was feeling restless and its getting to the point that when I am feeling restless one of the only things that can sooth me is a photo session.. so that is what we did. Arizona broke out with some VERY unusual June summer weather yesterday, so I set out to see if I could find any of it. We drove about 2 hours down the interstate towards Phx. Pretty soon we happened on a very insignificant looking turn off called "Painted Rock Road" and in tiny little letters underneath it on the sign it said "Indian Petroglyph Sight" I swear up until yesterday I never noticed it. Just blink and the turn off is gone, just another inconspicuous road to no where - or so I thought.

Well we looked at each other and decided why not, we will drive a ways and see where it takes us. Its about 5pm with clouds swirling all around us and lightning off in the distance. We drove another 10-12 miles on this little road without another sign indicating we were on the right track. Finally we found it. A very remote, but well tended to and interesting sight. We parked and began our walk, obeying the signes along the way indicating in a very no-nonsense way to STAY ON THE PATHWAY!!

We found many many petroglyphs and even a key to be able to decipher what it is you are reading. Very surreal, all the way out there in the middle of the desert, hardly anything to remind you that you are in the 21st century, looking at pictures and drawings in rocks that were made by a civilization gone by some 12000 years ago..

It was amazing.

When we were done we began the drive back to the interstate and noticed lots of little eyes watching our progress down the 2 lane, otherwise deserted road. and so I caught one of them as shown above. I suppose there are lots of mice and other little critters for these guys to eat, so they seemed to be in abundance.

Good day and helped me get my head on straight. So today I started my lessons and class and know what my assignment it. I have already had to post to the class board some questions, more then likely indicating my lack of knowledge in DSLR photography, but like I told Mike, I paid good money for this class and it was advertised as beginner to advanced, so damnit, he better accomodate beginners as well as the advanced.

umph.

1 Comments:

At 10:35 PM , Blogger Pam said...

Thankyou Lisa...where is your blog?? Iknow I have seen one for you here, but blogspot tells me there is no such blog??

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home