Wednesday, August 09, 2006



OK what a week!... First of all the above picture. I can't remember the name of the plant, Mexican Fire or something like that?? Anyway they are all over here in the desert, used extensively for landscaping as they are heat loving plants which produce these vivid orange flowers with spider like stamen. I took this picture last weekend. The humdiity had disappeared for a few days and with it the clouds, so I thought this plant with the background of a bright blue sky would be nice and I think it is.

School started this week, Tues. So I am back to the grindstone. Its been a good beginning to the year. The colourguard are really pulling things together this year. I have a reputation to fight this year, due to the poor leadership and instruction they have recieved over the course of about 5 years. But I think so far we are going above and beyond anything they are used to in skills and abilities. Their tossing has improved drastically, syncronicity is improving as well and they really seem to care as well as respond to my perfectionism. I have high hopes for them in competition. Of course we have the usual one or two who just arnt living up to expectations, but I am hopeing that the distinct improvement of the squad in totality will help hide those who are lagging behind. I am optimistic at this point but we still have a lot of work ahead of us.

Mike and I are driving to Phx on Friday. We have our AOS interview with immigration. He recieved his right to work permit as well as his provisional SS number so he has been searching for work this week. The interview has us both nervous as well as excited. I hope that whomever is interviewing can see we are truely in love and this is not some sort of hoax. Mike is one amazing man and I am very happy and blessed to have him in my life.

Heat is at the extreme right now so picture taking opportunities are at a minimum. Taking the above picture was hard as it was about 109 outside and I felt like I was melting. I also do not like to use the camera in that sort of heat. So I take a few here and there and hope that cooler weather is not too far away. will be at least 2 months or so ugh. I am going to get some pictures of the guard and their flags when I get a chance. I have a few ideas how I want to set things up, but we need time and better weather. Right now all time is invested in the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home