Friday, September 08, 2006




I have become involved in the "2996 Project", a very worthwhile attempt to keep the victims of 911 in our hearts and minds. Let us never forget...

Precious little personal information can be found on Jan Maciejewski, but what I have found indicates Jan was a stong, self-reliant man, who valued God, family and friends, not afraid to give his 110% in all he did. He was 37 years old.

Jan was an immigrant from Israel in 1990. He worked at Windows on the World restaurant which was located on the 107th floor of the WTC. He also worked as an IT consultant at Julien J. Studley Inc. Some have said that Jan had an unbelievable knack of being in the right place at the right times. All accounts are that Jan took the shift that fateful morning of a co-worker who could not make it. Sadly he was to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Jan loved his job as waiter at Windows and he succeeded in obtaining jobs for 3-4 of his good friends over the course of a few years at the same restaurant. They were all very greatful for this.

Jan is survived by a wife.

To his wife:
I am a widow as well. My husband did not die in 911, he passed in 2004 of a heart attack. I don't think that there is an emotion or feeling you are or have gone through that I cannot relate to. My heart goes out to you...

1 Comments:

At 9:12 PM , Blogger web_loafer said...

Pam, good tribute.
Trying to visit as many of the bloggers of 2,996 that I can. Been at it for 11 hours straight now, I have shed a bucket of tears for those taken so brutally from us in such a barbaric way. But this project is not a list like we find on a lot of blogs, a list of the victims, this is almost 3,000 bloggers from everywhere focusing on one common goal.....Not forgetting the victims....and trying to share a little something with the world about one of the 2,996. I was assigned the priveledge of writing a tribute to Frank J. Koestner, and like you, there was not much information readily available. So I dug and dug and dug deeper, until I almost felt like I was prying, but that wasn't true. Got to know one person who was killed that day quite well, and miss him now as if I knew him personally.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home