Friday, October 06, 2006


Sand Dunes, Imperial California

Oh my where has the time gone? You know when I started this blog I didn't want to be one of those people who just blogged once in a while, once a month or a few times a year...I really did have good intentions. People who set up blogs and then rarely post to them really bug me...and here I have become one of them. Appologies to me and to you. I really need to do better and I hope that I do...this is my effort to try.

Things have been speeding along in my life. Emmersed completely with the colourguard. We are off to Northern Arizona University tomorrow for our first competition. The girls are preforming beautifully and I am very proud of them. No matter what our score, they will always deserve the highest honour in my heart. We have faced some upheavels, changes, and shakeups since we started back in mid July and they have handled it wonderfully, rarely complaining and rising to the occassion. I am excited for tomorrow for them. They look amazing in their uniforms and makeup and they give lots of attitude when I prod them a bit. The routine is flawless in most places and a little shakey in just a few, but all in all they should give a good solid show. The band is a little shakey in its music, much more confident in their showmanship and some of the little things they have added to dress it up are very effective. I have many reasons I want this band and guard to do well tomorrow, mostly for the kids and a little for a few eyes that will be watching us.

I am off to Florida on the 22nd of Oct to photograph a wedding...I am nervous and thrilled to do this...could be a step in the direction I ultimately want to take with my life. Wish me luck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home